Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 20, 2008

YUM-O!

So for a little over two months now the boys have had no "baby food" or formula and it is wonderful! No more $30.00 cans of formula from Sam's that only last a week and no more spending over $63.00 in baby food a week. Yes there's still costs but we've seen a huge drop in money being spent. Plus it's so nice to fix one meal and all of us sit down at the table together. Morning time mommy usually sticks to her coffee but the boys already have favorites. They LOVE waffles with fruit or scrambled eggs and cheese with toast. Their favorite for lunch is mac and cheese with diced ham. When it comes to dinner I fix a lot of pasta and ground meats. Until the boys get more teeth and learn how to use utensils it's just easier for them. I've been trying new recipes here and there so I don't end up fixing the same thing over and over. We eat a lot of ground chicken and turkey which the boys like a lot and I've really slacked down on ground round. Instead I've been substituting it with ground Bison. It's funny when they first started eating table foods it was just a small portion but now their wanting seconds frequently, lol. Those little guys can really put it away, and believe it or not Seth sometimes eats the most! The other night I made chicken patties with mashed potatoes and gravy and mixed veggies, so here are a few pictures from then. Rachael Ray don't have nothing on me! But then again how hard is it to please one year olds? LOL ;0)



7 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

isn't it great to be able to share a meal with the little ones? i love it!

Kris said...

they all look like they love it!

Tina said...

I love the pics. They sound like good eaters, that makes life so much easier. I must be nice to finally sit down and eat as a family.

My Trio are 10 1/2 mos old now and have pretty much given up bottles YAY! I have always made their babyfood but now that they eat most of the stuff we eat I am DONE making baby food another YAY!

I am proud we were able to get through the this stage without out buying one single jar of babyfood....not one!

You are one awesome Momma!

Anonymous said...

Yay for solid foods! Your kids are so cute! Hey I saw that you have the same triplet jogging stroller as us and I was wondering if you could tell me who makes it? We bought it used and we need some new parts but it doesnt say on any of the tags who the maufacture is? Any info would help- thnx! You can look at the pix on my blog.
www.steveandroxy.blogspot.com

The Becklets said...

So cute! It looks like the boys were having a great time.
Patty

Triplethefunplus2 said...

what a fun stage! is bison cheaper? how does it taste? dh likes deer, but most of us here don't care for it, unless I mix it with ground beef or a sauce. So just curious

Anonymous said...

LOVE U SO VERY MUCH ! "MEMAWS BOYS"